The Greater Rhode Island Sangha is a collaboration of Buddhist Sanghas in the wider Rhode Island area. It includes representatives of many Buddhist schools, including Insight, Tibetan and Zen communities.
The GRIS is dedicated to offering a shared celebration of the Buddha’s enlightenment annually and other joint activities, as well as informing each other of our own projects.
All are welcome.
GRIS Member Groups & Organizations:
- Boundless Way Zen http://benevolentstreetzen.org/
- Brown U. Contemplative Studies http://www.brown.edu/Faculty/Contemplative_Studies_Initiative/
- Chenrezig Tibetan Buddhist Center
- Clear Heart Sangha http://www.clearheartsangha.org/
- Insight Meditation Community of Providence http://www.insightprovidence.org/ https://www.facebook.com/insightprovidence
- Kodokai Dojo Soto Zen http://www.branchdojo.com/zen.html
- Newport Zen http://www.meetup.com/Newport-Zen-Group/
- Prison Dharma Network http://www.prisondharmanetwork.org/
- Providence Shambhala Center http://www.providence.shambhala.org/
- Providence Zen Center http://www.providencezen.org/
- Radiant Bell Sangha
- Peacemaker Institute (zen) http://www.peacemakerinstitute.org/