Dharma Talks

Posted on Feb 25 , 2011 in Our Programs

Dharma Talks

Talks are a great opportunity to learn more about zen teaching. They consist of a short introductory talk by a student followed by a question and answer session with a teacher or senior student. They are held every Sunday and fourth Wednesday of each month at the Providence Zen Center and usually last about one hour.

20 Comments → “ Dharma Talks ”

1. Siri

1 year ago

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could tell me when the next dharma talks will be.

Siri

• jeff

1 year ago

Hello Siri, Our next Dharma talk will be April 14th. Thank you!

2. Stephanie

1 year ago

I’d really like to get started in meditation and teachings how do I take the plunge the sooner the better I’ve read a lot and convinced with some practice this is for me,
    Stephanie manning
    Stephmanning@yahoo.com

• jeff

1 year ago

Hi Stephanie, thank you for your comment. The best way to get started in to attend one of our free walk in meditation instruction classes. You can find the schedule here http://www.providencezen.org/weekly-programs Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks!

3. marixsa

1 year ago

Just spoke with Jeff, who is most helpful, thank you so much Jeff for answering my questions. I look forward to meeting you and the rest of the staff tonight and learning. Thanks again

4. christopher macera

2 years ago

Hello,
    I am recently reading and learning about zen practice and buddhism in general. I have been very interested in attending a meditation class and dharma talk to expand my knowledge and quest for enlightenment.
    Just needed some basic information about what to expect and general info about the class.

• jeff

2 years ago

Hi Chris,

Check your inbox, email sent.

Thank you!
      Jeff

5. Marcy

2 years ago

is there a schedule available for the upcoming dharma talks..if not, could you please let me know when the next one is? thank you

• jeff

2 years ago

Hi Marcy, the next talks are scheduled for Sun. Oct 14th at 10AM and Wed. Oct. 24th at 7:30PM.

UPDATE: THE OCT. 14 2012 PROGRAM IS POSTPONED DUE TO A SCHEDULING CONFLICT. THERE WILL BE NO TALK, INSTRUCTION CLASS or DHARMA SCHOOL ON THAT DAY.

6. Abby Brown

2 years ago

I am very interested in attending a Dharma Talks program for a class paper. When is the next one available? Thanks!

• jeff

2 years ago

Hi Abby, the next Dharma talk will be Wed. July 25, 2012 at 7:30PM. Public dinner at 5:30, meditation instruction at 6:30, too! Hope to see you there. thank you!

7. Dave Lafreniere

2 years ago

Jeff,

I ‘captain’ a Pan-Mass Challenge cycling team (we’ve raised nearly one million dollars for cancer research over the past decade) named “Team Kinetic Karma” based on my interest in Buddhism and the many parallels between Buddhists teachings, our fight against cancer and the basic act of endurance cycling. I thought that it would be a great experience if one of our weekend training rides stopped at the center for a quick visit and was able to get a quick Dharma talk (15-20 minutes) that connected Buddhist teachings with any of the facets of our ‘challenge’. If you think that this might be possible, please email me and we can chat about how we might make it happen.

Warm regards,
    Dave

8. Laura

2 years ago

Jeff, i am a teacher at a Catholic college. I would love my students to have the experience of visiting a Buddhist temple and learning more. I am looking possibly at something during the last week in June. Thank you!

• jeff

2 years ago

Hi Laura, I’m sure we can work something out. We have different groups visiting all the time. Please send me an email to director@providencezen.org thanks!

9. Lisa

2 years ago

Is there a talk scheduled for this coming Sunday, Feb 12? If so, what time will it be held? Thank you.

• jeff

2 years ago

Hi Lisa, yes at 10:00AM. Thanks!

10. Kathleen McKenna

3 years ago

Could you let me know when the next Dharma Talk will be? Thanks so much, kmck

• jeff

3 years ago

Sunday August 21, 2011 – Do Am Sunim also known as Do Kwan Sunim, JDPS will be giving a Dharma talk at 10:00AM in the Main Dharma Room. Do Am Sunim was a student of Zen Master Seung Sahn for over twenty years!

11. [...] 10:00am Talk [...]